Saturday, January 03, 2015

2015 Resolutions

Jalal (Glory), 4 Sharaf (Honor), 171 BE - Saturday, January 3, 2015 about 4:33 Pacific Standard Time

It's three days into 2015, I'm still considering my New Year's resolutions. I know that most people usually make their resolutions on either December 31 or January 1, which is what I normally do. However, this year I'm a bit slow in creating them. The problem is that I don't feel like doing the normal New Year's resolutions this year.

I've been feeling for several months that there is a change in my life. I'm not sure what has changed, but I know something has change. I have the feeling that there is something different, something out of the ordinary occurring in my life, but I don't know what it is. Perhaps it has something to do with the 95-Day Gratitude Challenge that I completed today. I'm not sure what is different, what has changed, but I know something has changed.

I think I will focus on spiritual goals this year instead of material goals. In the past I've focused more on the material side of my human nature. However, I need to focus more on the spiritual especially now that I'm 68 years old. Things that used to worry me don't bother me any more and the things that once didn't bother me now seem important.

One of the things that is now important is my spiritual life. Another is ending procrastination, which has bothered me all my life. Perhaps the problem is that I know I don't have very many more years to live and the spiritual has become more important then the physical or material aspects of my human nature. This year I will make spiritual resolutions instead of material resolutions.

No comments: