Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday: January 16, 2014

Istijlál (Majesty), 17 Sharaf (Honor), 170 BE - Thursday, January 16, 2014 about 11:30 am Pacific Standard Time

Today I am Thankful...

1. ...for the prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah. Every time I read or recite on of these prayers I feel the Holy Spirit flowing through it.

2. ...for a coffee maker that keeps my coffee hot all the time rather then switching off before I have finished drinking the coffee.

3. ...that I am able to wash my dishes by hand instead of using a dishwasher because the hot water helps the arthritis in my fingers.

4. ...for the warm sun on this late winter day because each time I take trash to the garage I can stand in the sun and feel the joy of its rays.

5. ...for the cranberry juice I have left in the refrigerator because, even on a chilly day, it tastes so good when I pour myself a cold glass.

6. ...that there is a gentle breeze blowing this morning because it causes the neighbor's olive tree to look as if it is waving at me.

7. ...for the chocolate chip cookies I had for breakfast this morning. I enjoyed them with a fresh cup of coffee.

8. ...for my five pet rocks because I can talk to them and I don't have to worry about remembering to feed, water, change their litter box, or take them for a walk.

9. ...that I found the hairbrush, I thought I had lost because I would rather brush my hair then comb it.

10. ...that I still live in Las Vegas where all my friends and doctors are located.

No comments: