Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Midweek Reflections: A New Solar Day Has Begun

Istijlál (Majesty), 5 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 170 BE - Wednesday, January 22, 2014 about 6:18 pm Pacific Standard Time

The sun has sit
behind the western peaks
and a new solar day
has begun.

The days are getting longer and the nights shorter. I seems like just a couple of days ago it got dark about 3:30 or 4:00 pm and now the sun is setting between 4:30 and 5:00 pm. If I go outside tonight, I'm not sure if I will see the stars with I look up or clouds. All day the clouds have moved across the sky above Las Vegas and I've felt chilly.

The nigh pass slowly,
I wonder what morning
will bring.

I'll be moving out of this house soon and into a studio apartment. I'm a bit nervous about the move and the location, but I don't plan to stay there more the twelve months. I'm hoping a senior apartment will open up and I'll be able to move in when the lease on the studio is up. In the mean  time, my living quarters and my budget will be cramped.

The sun has sit,
dawn is several hours away
as I inhale the air
of a new solar day.
 

No comments: