Tuesday, January 07, 2014

And Then the Coffeemaker Stopped Working

Fidál (Grace), 8 Sharaf (Honor), 170 BE – Tuesday, January 07, 2014 about 12:22 pm Pacific Standard Time

When I fixed my breakfast, it took the microwave fifteen minutes to cook something that should have only taken eight to ten minutes. When I washed the dishes, one-half of the sink backed up while the dishwater was going down the drain. And the final straw of the day, the coffeemaker stopped working.

I suppose the next thing to go out will be the microwave, which will leave me with only the electric skillet. Without a microwave, I cannot reheat the leftover coffee in the carafe or heat water for instant coffee. I only hope and pray that the electric skillet keeps working until I find a new place and move.

There is an opening in Searchlight; unfortunately, it is beyond my budget especially since the utilities are all included. The house, mobile home, or apartment, whichever it is, is all-electric. The house I live in now, and am expecting to leave this month, is all-electric and the power bills are outrageous.

Even if I could figure out a way to afford both the rent and the power bill, I would have to give up the internet connection because I could not afford it. As it is, I may have to give up the internet connect and the internet when I move. If I can find a place I can afford, with the power bills I still have find a way to afford the internet connect or give it up. I suspect if I have to make a choice between paying the power bill and having an internet connection then the connection to the internet will have to go.

I just heard the mail carrier drop letters or something through my door slot, so I have to go see who wants money today. After that, I need to take out some more trash and see if the trashcan in the garage is full. I am posting this now and hoping it is not my last post.

No comments: