Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Morning Epiphany: I Need to Purchase some 8 oz. coffee cups

Kamál (Perfection), 9 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 170 BE - Monday, January 27, 2014 about 7:45 am Pacific Standard Time

My kidney doctor has put  me on a low potassium diet, so I have to cut down on the amount of coffee I drink. Brewed coffee, which has 128 milligrams (mg.) of potassium, is on the low potassium food list, but only in 8 oz. servings. This morning I realized that I don't have any 8 oz. coffee cup in my house. I know this because my coffeemaker makes 5 cups, but when I pour the coffee into any of my cups I get between 3 to 4 cups before the coffee carafe is empty.Since the coffeemaker will hold five 8 oz. servings this means all my cups are larger then 8 oz.

Following the low potassium diet is essential if I want to slow the progress of my kidney disease.  Therefore, I have to purchase some 8 oz. coffee cups and get rid of the large cups and mugs I have now. I only need one or two cups because I normally use only two different cups when I drink coffee. I do have some glass cups in the cupboard that (I think) are 8 oz. I was going to leave them here when I moved, but I think I'll get them down and take them with me. At least, that way I will have the something I can drink coffee out of without worrying about the size of the cup.

If the glass cups are larger then I'll have to purchase an 8 oz. cup sometime in February, which will tighten my already tight budget. Maybe I can find some a cup or two at one of the second hand stores. I don't care if it goes with the mismatched set of dishes I'm taking with me. It's been so long since I ate out of a matching set of dishes that it doesn't matter as long as I'm not eating off of plastic or paper plates.


No comments: