Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Midweek Reflections: Downsizing and Letting Go

‘Idál (Justice), 11 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 170 BE - Wednesday, January 29, 2014 about 8:35 am Pacific Standard Time

Downsizing is letting go! It's learning to live a simpler life, with fewer things and more joy. It's looking at past hoarding of objects never used or dresses never worn as selfish, especially when those things can be used by someone else or recycled. Downsizing is recycling by giving away what I don't or can't use to someone who needs it and can use the item.

Downsizing is letting go of the past. I'm letting go each time a decide to throw away or give away something that no longer holds my interest or is too big for my new residence. It's learning to place the situation in God's hands by releasing the worry of owning things that I can't or won't use in the near or distant future. It's a commitment to my soul by removing veils that hide the reflection of God's Glory from the world of matter.

Downsizing is a commitment to earth and to the future of humanity. I let go of the past. I let go of the hoarding tendency of my ego. It's a difficult process, but it's necessary. It's like a root canal that hurts for a few minutes, but once it's done the mouth of the patient feels relief, which eventually spreads to the rest of the person's body and spirit.

No comments: