Friday, March 30, 2012

Family History Friday: Making Family History in Las Vegas


Istiqlál (Independence), 10 Bahá (Splendor), 169 BE – Friday, March 30, 2012 about 6:10 PM Pacific Time

I signed up for the 9th annual southern Nevada caregiver conference, which occurs on Thursday, April 26, at the Alexis Park. The name of the conference is Inspiring and Empowering Caregivers to Navigate the Journey and it will last from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.

I all most talked myself out of going yesterday and came up with several reasons why I could not attend. This morning, I attended the monthly caregiver coffee at Desert Southwest Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. I took the registration material and my checkbook. I arrived at the location early, so while I waited for everyone else to arrive I signed up and wrote a check.

Now the only thing to do is find someone to be here, at the house, from 7:00 to about 8:45 AM to stay with Mom until the daycare bus comes to pick her up. That person also needs to be her between 3:00 to 4:00 PM when Mom arrives back from the center and the woman arrives who helps Mom get ready for bed at night.

I am going to the conference. This is an educational opportunity and it is relaxing. The only time I get out of the house is to pay bills, buy groceries, go to the bank, and buy gas. I need to do something else.

No comments: