Friday, March 23, 2012

Family History Friday: Fragments of Conversations


Istiqlál (Independence), 3 Bahá (Splendor), 169 BE – Friday, March 23, 2012 about 3:15 PM Pacific Time

I remember some of the conversations I had with my mother and my Grandparents. I wish now that I had ask more questions and written down some of the information, but at the time I was not thinking ahead.

My mother mentioned a high school class she had. Mom said called the class hygiene. She did not say much about the class and I did not ask, but I do know that part of the instruction had to do with brushing teeth.

I remember the
Fragments of conversations
About history

When I was a child, Grandpa would take us to visit some of the graves on Memorial Day. As we drove through the Oklahoma countryside, he would point out empty fields where a house he and my grandmother lived in once stood.

Another time, Grandpa told us a story about a Halloween prank. I remember Grandpa saying this incident occurred when he was a teenager. Anyway, Grandpa and some of his friends got together and they put a buggy on top of a neighbor’s house. I think he said it was the type of buggy drawn by a single horse.

Memory fragments
Are family history
Written for others

I think I will use these fragments as inspiration for some stories or poems. When more fragments come to mind I will make another entry on this subject.

No comments: