Thursday, March 01, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Gratitude on a Sunny Day in Las Vegas

Istijlál (Majesty), 5 Ayyám-I-Há (Intercalary Days), 168 BE – Thursday, March 1, 2012 about 10:30 AM Pacific Time

I am not sure where to begin this gratitude list because I have so many things for which to give thanks. I realize that sometimes life gets in the way and I do not stop to say, “Thank you”, that is why I like Thankful Thursday. It gives me a chance to review the past seven days and remember the things that make me grateful to be alive.

The first thing I am grateful for is the weather in Las Vegas. Today is sunny and nice, which means it is not too cold or too hot. I went out to pick up the newspaper earlier without putting on a coat.

The second thing I am grateful for is the nineteen-day fast, which begins to night at sunset, between sunrise and sunset during the month of ‘Alá, Baha’is who are over 15 and under the age of 70 and in good health abstain from food and drink during the daytime. I am on medication and not in good health, so I will eat and consume liquids during the day. I will say the prayers that Baha’u’llah revealed for the Fast.

A gratitude list usually contains about ten items, but today I am going to limit this list to two. I have another gratitude list to make for another blog and my off line journal, so between the three I have more then ten things to be thankful for.

No comments: