Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts: Dealing with Glaucoma


Fidál (Grace), 12 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 168 BE – Tuesday, March 13, 2012 about 3:20 PM Pacific Time

I’m dealing with the glaucoma issue better today then yesterday. I no longer want to cry. I’m dealing with this the same way I deal with everything else, writing about it. This morning, I wrote a poem, which I posted in my port on writing.com.

I still have some research to do on the subject. However, since my appointment with the optometrist isn’t until May I have some time for that. I’m not trying to put off the issue, but I have to write and research between household chores and taking care of Mom.

I expect the eye doctor to prescribe me some eye drops on my next visit. We caught the glaucoma in the early stages, so according what I’ve read something can be done. Besides the glaucoma, I have other health issues, which I suppose is expected about my age. I won’t go into any of those here because right no the glaucoma is upper most in my mind.

This morning, I said the Long Healing prayer about dawn. I got up before the alarm went off again this morning. This is good because I can say prayers and get ready for my day before Mom gets up.

No comments: