Monday, March 05, 2012

A difficult and stressful technological morning in Las Vegas

Kamál (Perfection), 4 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 168 BE – Monday, March 5, 2012 about 2:55 PM Pacific Time

It’s been a difficult and stressful morning dealing with technology. This happens about one a week, sometimes less and sometimes more. My computer slows to a snails pace and I have to reboot a couple of times to get everything working a little faster.

I need to upgrade the technology and I’m not sure that is possible for a while. Perhaps later, this year if we can get a few large bills paid off. Right now, the only thing I can do is work with what I have and pray that the computer continues to work.

I get frustrated when it slows down, but I can’t figure out what’s slowing it down. Sometimes it seems that Real Player is the problem; however, it isn’t the only thing causing issues. Part of the issue is virtual memory, I get a message about once a week that the it’s increasing and the programs will be slower for a while.

I run the virus scan every day, sometimes it takes less then an hour and sometimes a two or three hours. I think next week I’ll have to call my internet provider and see if they have a virus scan and firewall, it’ll probably add to the monthly charge, but I don’t trust the virus scan and fire wall I have now, at least, not since the computer needs rebooting several times.

No comments: