Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts: A cold beginning to spring in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 19 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 168 BE – Tuesday, March 20, 2012 about 10:30 AM Pacific Time

It is the first day of spring and it feels like winter in Las Vegas. It is cold. There is a nip in the air. The sun is shining, but it is still cold. I had to put on a heavy ski jacket when I went out to get the newspaper this morning. According to the meteorologist, it is suppose to warm up over the next few days and then it is supposed to get colder again.

I just checked the seven-day forecast on Channel 3 in Las Vegas. The predicted high for today is 63 degrees and the low is 40. On Thursday, the high raises to 80 and low 55. On Saturday, the high is supposed to be 76 and the low 59. I am looking forward to temperatures in the seventies.

A nip in the air
Sends shivers through my body
Dreaming of summer

I was planning to put my winter sweaters and coats away this week, but now instead of putting them away I have leave them hanging in the hall closet for a couple of more weeks. In addition, I have to hang the light spring sweaters and wind breakers in that closet as well. The hall closet is not very big. I am looking forward to warmer weather.

No comments: