Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts: Mom took her doll with her today


Fidál (Grace), 7 Bahá (Splendor), 169 BE – Tuesday, March 27, 2012 about 5:30 PM Pacific Time

To some, it might see strange that my mother, who was 91 on March 19, plays with dolls. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease, so I do not find this strange at all. Mom got the doll for her birthday it is a beautiful doll. Unfortunately, I do not have a digital camera and my cell phone will not let me send photos to my e-mail account. As soon as I get a digital camera then I will take a photo of the doll and post it.

Mom loves that doll. This morning, the C.N.A. took the doll and placed the doll by the light. The C.N.A. then gave my mother her shower and after the shower, Mom asked for the doll. Mom remembered she had the doll, which is unusual become Mom forgets about some of the thing she has, but she remembered.  

It is wonderful when Mom remembers recent events or objects. I know that Mom does not think she is 91 years old. I am not sure how old Mom believes she is; sometimes I ask, but most of the time I just let it go. Getting the doll must have made an impression because she remembers it and she even takes it to bed with her sometimes.

No comments: