Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Coffee


Istijlál (Majesty), 2 Bahá (Splendor), 169 BE – Thursday, March 22, 2012 about 4:05 PM Pacific Time

Today I am thankful for coffee. Until yesterday, I did not realize precisely how thankful I am for this wonderful liquid. Yesterday I went to the wound doctor to have the bandage changed on my left leg. On Tuesday, I finished the coffee in the carafe and did not make any on Wednesday morning.

I went to the outpatient clinic and signed in. Last Wednesday, was one of those days when they were behind. I had to wait longer then expected. The receptionist gave those of use who could eat sweets a donut. Then she ask if we wanted coffee, of course, I answered yes. She then brought us, at least those who wanted coffee, each a large Styrofoam cup of brewed coffee. I know it was brewed coffee because, when I finished, I saw some coffee grounds in the bottom of the cup.

That was the first cup of coffee I had on Wednesday and it tasted wonderful. It was strong, the way I like my coffee. I drink coffee without cream or sugar, which is the way my Grandfather Newland drank his coffee. That is the way I normally like my coffee. I do make exceptions sometimes; I like café mocha occasionally, so about once or twice a week I have a cup of coffee with hot chocolate mix stirred into the hot liquid.

I enjoyed that Styrofoam cup of coffee so much that I came home and brewed a fresh carafe here. I still had some coffee left today and warmed it up in the microwave.

No comments: