Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Mumblings: My visit to the Optometrist Office


It’s Monday evening and I have finally brought my emotions under control after my Optometrist appointment this morning. I got bad news from the Optometrist; there is no way of sugar coating this. I have glaucoma!

After I left the Optometrist, the eye doctor’s office, I had to make another stop. Therefore, I put off considering the prognosis until after I came home. There a just some things that you don’t want to deal with in public. I put off thinking about it because I didn’t want to set in a crowded waiting room crying.

When I came home, I was tired. I sat down on the couch and dozed. After that, the doctor’s prognosis began to sink in. I wanted to cry, but by that, time Mom was home and I couldn’t cry in front of her. I would love to talk to Mom about this and that is impossible. As anyone reading this knows, my Mother has Alzheimer’s disease and it’s difficult to have any type of conversation with her.

Since I can’t talk to Mom and all of my siblings live in other cities, I write about it. I made an entry in my offline journal. This is the first blog entry I’ve made on the subject, but it won’t be the last. I have another appointment with the optometrist in a few weeks. Before that appointment I will do some research and have questions written down to ask

No comments: