Saturday, March 17, 2012

Inspirational Quote of the Week: Forgiveness a gift


Jalál (Glory), 16 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 168 BE – Saturday, March 17, 2012 about 2:00 PM Pacific Time

"Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself." ~ Suzanne Somers

I have found that eventually forgiveness one learns that forgiveness has more to do with personal peace of mind and soul then anything else. Holding onto bitterness and hatred only poisons a person’s soul and keeps the wound open and bleeding.

I am 65, when I was younger, I held onto the “wound”. I picked at the scab covering it and all that did was cause that wound to bleed and become infected. I finally decided not to pick at my wound or perhaps I should say wounds. It was difficulty, but through prayer, meditation, and journaling I finally learned to let go.

I do not intend to go into what caused my wounds in this entry or in any other. That is between God, my journal, and me. It would do no good to go into what caused the wound. I know why I could not forgive, because I could not let go and place the situation in God’s hands. I was not happy. I did not have peace of mind.

Once I put the situation into God’s hands, forgave, and got on with my life. Peace of mind followed, I could relax and enjoy myself. I was happy again. I had given a gift to both my mind and my soul.

No comments: