Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday afternoon and no recipe to post

It’s Sunday afternoon and I don’t have a recipe to post. This week we eat soup poured over rice. I cooked the rice last Sunday and had planned to fix it another way. However, when I put the soup over some rice and heated it in the microwave, I like the way the soup and the rice tasted.

It’s easier to fix soup and rice in the microwave during the week. Mom eats it and then takes her evening medication. Some of the tablets require Mom to eat before she takes them and sometimes it is difficult to get her to eat before taking the medication. Sometimes it is difficult to get Mom to take the pills without chewing them; the problem is one of the tablets is time released and those she isn’t supposed to chew.

I know Mom doesn’t understand why she has to take the pills without chewing them. Mom doesn’t understand why she has to take the pills. The Alzheimer’s disease and short-term memory prevents her from remember or understanding. She doesn’t know she has Alzheimer’s disease and wouldn’t believe me if I told her. All Mom knows is that she doesn’t want to take the medication because she doesn’t think she needs it.

I’ll have a recipe to post next week. I’m not sure what it will be right now, perhaps something with rice. I may even post the rice and soup recipe, but I have to measure the rice to see how much I use with the cans of soup.

No comments: