Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Midweek reflections: My online routine

‘Idál (Justice), 2 Mulk (Dominion), 168 BE – Wednesday, February 8, 2012 about 10:05 AM Pacific Time

While I waited at the doctor’s office Monday, I read “On the Net” by James Patrick Kelly in the March edition of Asimov’s Science Fiction. Part of the discussion concerned activities on the net. It got me thinking about my online routine.

My routine consists of checking the bank accounts, the ones that belong to my mother and then mine. Then I check the IZEA websites for opportunities, followed by writing.com, and my e-mail accounts. Next, I post to my blogs and do other writing activities. Since my daily activities consist of working online, writing, taking care of my mother, doing the housework, and shopping, I encounter many interruptions when I am online and I don’t always do things in the same order.

I get all the online work accomplished. I get some housework either started or finished. If I am lucky, I get to bed before the virus scan begins running on my computer at 11:30 PM and if I am luckier, I get a little sleep before the alarm goes off at 4:00 AM.

No comments: