Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Midweek Reflections: On Leap Day

‘Idál (Justice), 4 Ayyám-I-Há (Intercalary Days), 168 BE – Wednesday, February 29, 2012 about 6:45 AM Pacific Time

Happy Leap Day

Leap Day the extra day placed in the calendar every four years. I hope no one expects me to leap today because I am not sure I could do that without falling down or stumbling when I landed.

Leap Day the day we do not suspend work unless it falls on a Saturday or Sunday. All though, it is special to Leap Babies (people born on February 29) it is not a holiday. Unless you are born on that day, it is just another day in the year and once it is past, the year is shorter.

Leap Day always falls in a presidential election year because, in America, we only elect a president once every four years. Since this leap day happens to fall on Wednesday, I rolled the trashcan to the curb this morning. The only other thing I am planning for today is a trip to the wound care hospital (my left leg is developing issues again) and the grocery store (I ran out of paper towels).

Happy Birthday
to everyone born today

No comments: