Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Afternoon Naps

Istiqlál (Independence), 18 Mulk (Dominion), 168 BE – Thursday, February 23, 2012 about 6:55 Pacific Time

This is evening I am thankful for afternoon naps. I get sleepy about the same time everyday, so I stop whatever I am doing and sit on the couch beside my mother. I sit on the couch and doze while Mom sits beside me.

I know a person should not sit up and sleep, but if I laid down on the couch, the love seat, or even my bed then I would not get to sit beside my mother. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and goes to the daycare center five days a week. I have very little time with her during the week because she goes to bed around 5:00 or 5:30 PM.

It is nice to sit beside my mother and doze. It is nice to spend a little time with Mom when she is not angry or upset. A CNA comes when Mom gets home from the Daycare center, so there is someone in the house to see that Mom is safe while I doze.

Those few moments on the couch after Mom gets home is the only time I can really relax. Mom enjoys sitting on the couch next to me while I take a short nap.

No comments: