Saturday, February 25, 2012

Inspirational Quote of the Week: Am I losing the pattern?

Jalál (Glory), 19 Mulk (Dominion), 168 BE – Saturday, February 25, 2012 about 1:00 PM Pacific Time

If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. Ursula K. Le Guin

Am I losing the pattern or just tired? It’s Saturday, the last day of a long week. On Tuesday, I went to the grocery store and bought batteries for my Mother’s hearing aid. Mom was having more trouble hearing then usual. I thought the problem was the batteries, but that didn’t seem to help.

I went back to the store on Thursday, to buy some Debrox to clean the wax from Mom’s ears. I just finished using the drops and rinsing her ears out. I can’t put the hearing aids back in her ears until Sunday or Monday. The earwax removal should solve the problem or at least part of it. It’s tiring to attempt to talk to someone who has difficulty hearing.

I’m tired. I’m worn out. Perhaps I’m looking too closely at the rocks and the dirt. Sometimes you just have to ignore the rocks, dirt, and hard work in order to keep on keeping on. I don’t think I should feel as tired as I do today, maybe I need to find some time to take a staycation. If I can’t do that then change my meditation time from morning, before Mom gets up, to evening, after she goes to be.

No comments: