Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday in Review

Jamál (Beauty), 13 Mulk (Dominion), 168 BE – Saturday, February 18, 2012 about 7:15 PM Pacific Time

Mom is asleep, so I have a chance to sit down and focus on other things. I still have one pill to give her, but that has to wait until 8:00. I will have to wake her up and there is an advantage to that. Mom does not resist taking the 8:00 pill and I think it is because I have to wake her up to give it to her. Mom just wants to get back to sleep so she takes the pill without a fuss.

It has been a long and somewhat difficult day. Normally, Saturday’s with Mom are easy. However, today was a little different. I am not sure why because Mom slept later then usual this morning. Mom does not like to get up before dawn, so today I let her sleep until the sun was up. I can do this on Saturday and Sunday because she does not go to the Daycare Center.

Monday through Friday, I have to get her up before dawn because she needs to take some meds before the CNA arrives to get her ready to go to the Daycare center. Mom enjoys going to the center, perhaps that was the problem today. She did not get out of the house. I think I will try a different approach tomorrow. Instead of setting her on the couch I will set her in front of the living room window. That way she can get some sunshine. In addition, when she walks down the hall she has to walk she has to walk further then when she sits on the couch.

No comments: