Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Midweek Reflections: Folding Fitted Sheets

‘Idál (Justice), 16 Mulk (Dominion), 168 BE – Wednesday, February 22, 2012 about 12:25 PM Pacific Time

I cannot fold fitted sheets. I attempt to fold them, but they turn out looking as if someone wadded them up and threw them into the linen closet. It does not matter how many times I attempt the process, my fitted sheets do not look as if I attempted to fold them.

All right, perhaps that last paragraph was an exaggeration. I just finished folding a fitted sheet and it did not look like I wadded it up. Neither did it look as if I folded properly. It looked as if it had wrinkles in it and I know that is not how it is supposed to look.

I have read how to fold fitted sheets. I have had people show me how to fold fitted sheets. I have seen the way they should look when folded properly, this is not the way my fitted sheets appear when I finish folding them.

I begin by finding the corners. I put my right hand in one corner and then find another corner. I put that corner over the corner in my hand. After that I do the same thing with the other two corners. Now I have all four corners of the sheet over my right hand. This is where I run into problems; continue to fold the sheet by folding the whole thing over itself.

Perhaps I am over reacting. When I put the sheet on the bed, it looks fine and there are no wrinkles. It is just in the linen closet that they weird, like they have wrinkles in them. Since I keep the linen closet, door closed no one except myself or the CNA who makes my mother’s bed sees them. None of the CNAs has said anything about the way my fitted sheets are folder or look in the linen closet.

No comments: