Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Mumblings: New batteries for Mom’s Hearing aid

Kamál (Perfection), 14 Mulk (Dominion), 168 BE – Monday, February 20, 2012 about 2:15 PM Pacific Time

I put new batteries in Mom’s hearing aids this morning, but I’m not sure how well they are working. Normally, when I put the batteries in there is a squealing noise, but I didn’t hear that when I put the new batteries in. I kept the old batteries and will put them in tomorrow if it turns out the new ones aren’t working. I’ll find out tonight when Mom gets home from the Daycare center.

I have to go to the store tomorrow to get laundry detergent, so I’ll get some hearing aid batteries then. I downloaded a $2.00 off coupon for batteries on Friday or Saturday that I can use to get the batteries. I have the change those batteries about every week. I also take the batteries out at night because if I leave them in the hearing aids they run down quickly.

Sometimes I wish the hearing aids had rechargeable batteries, but then the batteries would cost more then what they do now. Maybe I should clean the hearing aids tonight as well. I’m not sure when I cleaned them, so that may help. I’m never sure precisely how much Mom hears with or without the hearing aids.

Mom doesn’t like to wear them and she gets upset when I put them in her ears. It would be nice if she could put them in herself, but she won’t and I have to put them in for her.

No comments: