Friday, February 10, 2012

Coupon Epiphany in Las Vegas

Istiqlál (Independence), 4 Mulk (Dominion), 168 BE – Friday, February 10, 2012 about 5:25 AM Pacific Time

I’m attempting to save money by using coupons. I clip my coupons, place them in an expanding coupon-size file and sort the coupons by month. There is only one problem with this method. I can’t remember the types of coupons that I have in the file. If I can’t remember the coupons I have then how can I use them before the expiration date.

I have to make some changes to this method. In 2011, I listed the coupons I had in a spreadsheet and sorted them by expiration date. This method worked all right, I simply did not keep it up. I’m going back to that method, with some slight changes. I’m setting aside an hour or two on Sunday to sort the coupons and make my grocery list for the week. This way I can decide which coupons I need and use them before the expiration date.

No comments: