Monday, July 19, 2010

Place everything in God's hands

Kamál (Perfection), 7 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Monday, July 19, 2010 about 7:34 AM Pacific Time

Today I place all
My joys and woes in God's hands
The sun is shining

Mom had a difficult early morning; I think part of the reason concerns one of her meds. Due to insurance rules, the scheduled refill of Mom's depression medication is July 20. Mom ran out of the tablets Saturday night and has not taken the medication since. This morning difficult situation makes her cry and for Mom taking medication is a difficult situation.

Mom does not like to take medication because she believes she does not need the meds. Mom does take here medication, but it is a long process to convince her to take the tablets. Since Mom has Alzheimer's disease, the medication is going to continue being an issue.

Mom also thought I left her this morning. I went to the backyard to put up the cloths line. When I returned Mom was looking for me and crying. Mom is having separation issues, she is afraid I will leave her. Therefore, when I leave the house, even if I only go to the backyard, I have tell her and assure her I am coming back.

I work eight hours a day, so I have someone come into the house to care for Mom. This does not help the separation anxiety. Mom does not think she needs someone caring for her and a stranger coming into the house does not help. I need the job, so I do not have any other choice. When I am home I will continue to reassure Mom I am not leaving her. I will also continue to place the situation in God's hands.

No comments: