Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Caregivers journal

Fidál (Grace), 15 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Tuesday, July 27, 2010 about 6:12 AM Pacific Time

I am beginning a caregivers journal about my experiences taking care of Mom. As I have stated before, Mom suffers from Alzheimer's disease. I am considering three approaches to this project. The first is to write 366 entries about my experiences. The second approach is to write 366 short stories using my experiences with Mom as the inspiration for the stories. The third is to write slices of life descriptive essays on the subject. There is an old saying "When life gives you lemons, make lemon aid." This journal is my way of making lemon aid.

I am working on the introduction to this journal. In the introduction, I will explain the background, place photo of Mom, and describe the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. I am planning a 500 to 1,000 word introduction, while each entry will be 1,000 to 2,000 words. A Caregivers Journal is the working title for this piece, I will decide on a final title when I am finished.

No comments: