Monday, July 05, 2010

A Happy Fourth of July

Kamál (Perfection), 12 Rahmat (Mercy), 167 BE – Monday, July 5, 2010 about 10:41 AM Pacific Time

Mom and I had a happy Fourth of July!

We stayed home all day on the Fourth. We ate hot dogs on buns with yellow mustard and sweet relish. On Sunday evening, I cut a small seedless watermelon in half for us to eat. Mom enjoyed the watermelon, so I am going to buy another one for us.

I still have to get some foods that Mom can fix for herself. All though, I should say will fix for herself because there is a difference. We have plenty of food in the house, it is just that Mom will not fix anything other then peanut butter sandwiches or cold cereal.

Mom liked the hot dogs we had yesterday. She put mustard on one bun and peanut butter on another. Mom seemed to like the hot dog and peanut butter on a bun. Mom needs to gain weight, so as long as she eats the food I do not care how she combines it. I know some of the food she combines sounds a bit odd, but Mom is the one eating the combinations.

I heated the hot dogs in the fry pan yesterday. I also placed the buns on the plates, but Mom fixed the rest for herself. If I cook something, Mom does the rest for herself; she just will not cook or open a can. I am not sure why she does not want to cook anymore. I suspect some of Mom's actions have to do with Alzheimer' disease.

No comments: