Friday, July 16, 2010

Good morning from Las Vegas

Istiqlál (Independence), 4 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Friday, July 16, 2010 about 7:38 AM Pacific Time

It is a good morning. At least, I think it is a good morning. I am going to pretend it is a good morning because otherwise I get too stressed.

I have to drop off a prescription when the store opens. I will pick the meds up tomorrow morning. For the next seven days, I work from 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM. I think this schedule will last for about two or three weeks. I had the opportunity to work from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, but I cannot handle a 16-hour day. In addition, I cannot leave Mom alone for long periods of time.

Mom can stay by herself for an hour or two, but eight hours is too long. I have a professional caregiver coming to the house from 11:00 AM to 8:30 PM, which is all I can afford with the grants I received. This coming Tuesday is the last day I will have money from the grants, so next Wednesday I am going to have to figure out something else.

No comments: