Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mom and Alzheimer’s disease

Jalál (Glory), 5 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Saturday, July 17, 2010 about 7:57 AM Pacific Time

Mom has Alzheimer's disease and someone has to stay with her while I am gone. This is especially true when I work outside the house. Mom is not happy about having someone stay with her, but there is nothing else I can do because for the next two or three weeks I work eight hours a day and seven days a week.

This schedule does not leave me very much time to do much writing. Mom always has housework plans, but she never gets around to doing anything. I am not sure why, but I think it may have something to do with the Alzheimer's disease. Part of the problem is Mom's short-term memory issues, she forgets what she wants today or looses her glasses or something else. When Mom misplaces items she spend the day looking for them.

No comments: