Sunday, July 25, 2010

On a cloudy evening in Las Vegas

On a cloudy evening in Las Vegas, Mom has decided she does not need her medication. Therefore, she resists taking it, eventually she takes it but I have to be persistent. I hope she continues to take it, even if she does continue to resist.

I suspect there will come a time when she refuses to take her meds. I have no idea what I will do if she does refuse to take her medication. I will have to deal with that when the time come. This resistance to taking medication is just another manifestation of the Alzheimer's disease. It is just something else I have to handle one day at a time.

Life has become a one day at a time issue for Mom and me. Sometimes I know Mom's thoughts because she speaks them aloud. Some of the things she says is upsetting, but she cannot help herself. Sometimes Mom says her thoughts and immediately forgets what she said. Hearing Mom's self-talk is upsetting; it is also helpful to know what she is thanking because then I can attempt to do something to help her.

No comments: