Thursday, July 15, 2010

Working for 55 hours

Istijlál (Majesty), 3 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Thursday, July 15, 2010 about 3:40 PM Pacific Time

I am going to be working for 55 hours for the next week or two, perhaps the next three week. My schedule is from 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM, I am not sure what I am going to do about Mom after Tuesday, but I will figure that out by Tuesday, July 20. I received two grants that will cover Mom’s care Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. After Tuesday, I have to pay the caregiver out of pocket. I am not sure how I will do that at this time because the cost for five days is $1,045.

I have committed to work seven days a week for the next two or three weeks. I have no idea how I will pay for someone to stay with Mom after this coming Tuesday, but I will figure out a way. I did have the opportunity to work 16 hours for the next week or so; however, working a 16-hour day is physically stressful for me. I can handle an 8-hour day and a 56-hour week without difficulty. I still have to figure out how I am going to get someone to stay with Mom after this coming Tuesday.

No comments: