Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Mother also feeds the cats

Fidál (Grace), 8 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Tuesday, July 20, 2010 about 5:29 AM Pacific Time

I feed the cats' everyday before I go to work. My mother also feeds the cats' everyday. The difference is Mom feeds the cats; cereal and I give them dry cat food. My cat will not eat cereal, they prefer to have cat food.

It is amusing to look in their food dishes and find cereal on top of the cat food. It is also wasteful because I have to throw the entire dish of food away. As I have mentioned in earlier post, Mom suffers from Alzheimer's disease. She does not realize she is putting cereal on top of the cat food.

I cannot say anything to Mom about this because then she get angry and thinks I am criticizing her. Therefore, I have to find another way to solve the problem. Today I take the food up before I leave for work. If I leave empty cat food dishes in the dining room Mom can put as much cereal in the bowls as she wants because the cats will not eat cereal.

Since cereal is less expensive then dry cat food, it is more economical to buy dry cereal. I could hide the cat dishes from Mom, but she may find them and put cereal on top of the dry cat food. The best solution, at this point, is to take the cats' food up during the day and leave it down at night. I may think of another solution, after I have more time to consider the subject.

No comments: