Friday, July 02, 2010

The Car is in the Shop

Istiqlál (Independence), 9 Rahmat (Mercy), 167 BE – Friday, July 2, 2010 about 9:06 AM Pacific Time

My car is in the shop waiting for a part. I am at home trying to decide whether to call a cab or take the bus. I have to go across town to pick up the car. Yesterday, I called a cab to take me home; however, that was not an economical decision. That does not mean a bad decision because of other factors.

Yesterday afternoon, when I came home from the garage, the temperatures were in the triple digits. I am not in good physical condition and I just could not face changing buses twice and then walking seven or eight blocks home in the heat. Sometime considering economical factors make poor decisions, sometimes physical and health factor out weigh economical factors.

Today, about 10:00 AM, is the scheduled parts deliver. The car will be ready about 12:00 PM, now I have to decide whether to call a cab or take a bus. The bus is the more economical of the two, but it may not be the best decision. I have no one to stay with Mom today while I pick up the car, so I have to either take Mom with me or find a quicker way to get to the garage.

It takes about two hours, with one scheduled transfer, to get across town on the bus. I taking a cab to the garage means I spend less time away from Mom and the house. Mom is in no condition to walk to the bus or to spend that much time in the afternoon temperatures waiting for the bus.

If I take a cab, theoretically Mom can go with me. I say theoretically because getting Mom ready to go will take about an hour and a half, if Mom wants to go with me. I she does not want to go, it will take at least twice as long. From the way Mom has been acting this morning, I suspect she does not want to leave the house.

Then there is my physical health, I will have to go this afternoon when the temperatures are in the triple digits. I will have to walk about seven or so blocks to the bus stop. I will have to wait for the bus in the heat and make one change where I will have to wait for another bus. The cab ride is looking better all the time.

No comments: