Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mom wants to do housework

‘Idál (Justice), 2 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Wednesday, July 14, 2010 about 12:52 Pacific Time

Mom wants to do housework. Mom loves doing housework. I would like to see her doing it again. Mom just does not seem to have the will to get up off the couch and do housework. In November 2009, Mom's doctor diagnosed her with Alzheimer's disease and put her on medication. However, Mom does not appear to have the will to do anything except plan the work she wants to do tomorrow.

Mom was crying a lot, but the doctor prescribed an antidepressant. She does not cry as often; however, she still does not initiate the work she plans to do "tomorrow". Mom did the dishes today, but only after, I began the process. Sometimes Mom remembers to change one or two of the cat litter pans. At times, Mom thinks she cleaned the cat litter pans when she forgot to change them.

Usually mornings, are difficult for Mom, but today this afternoon is the difficult time. Perhaps it is because it is because I have someone come in and stay with her when I am out of the house. I work five days a week from 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM, it is expensive but it is necessary. I just pray the grants last until I complete this temporary job completed because I could not afford to have someone stay with Mom if I had to pay for it myself.

No comments: