Monday, June 15, 2009

A Happy Monday Morning in Las Vegas

Kamál (Perfection), 11 Nur (Light), 166 BE – Monday, June 15, 2009 about 7:38 AM Pacific Time

Monday and happiness normally do not go together. We consider Monday the first day of the workweek and so it is called "Blue Monday". However, this morning it is "Happy Monday", at least for me.

I went out to get the paper and I heard a Nightingale singing. I am not sure where the nest is located, perhaps in the neighbor's oak tree. The only nests in my trees this year are mourning dove nest. I did not hear the mourning doves, but I went out later then normal to pick up the paper. The mourning doves usually call at dawn they greet the rising sun.

Happiness is a spiritual attribute and material items produce temporary happiness. Happiness comes when a person focuses her mind and thoughts other things beside material possessions and acquisitions. My focus this morning is the nightingale's beautiful song and therefore I am happy.

No comments: