Saturday, June 27, 2009

I heard a nightingale this morning

Jalál (Glory), 4 Rahmat (Mercy), 166 BE – Saturday, June 27, 2009 about 8:03 AM Pacific Time

I heard a nightingale singing this morning. I think it may have a nest in the oak tree next door. I also saw a mourning dove walking on my garage roof this morning. Now that the pine tree is gone it is easy to see birds walking on the roof of the garage.

I was afraid when they took the pine tree out that there were birds nesting in that tree. I know there are birds nesting in the oak tree next door and I think they nest in the two remaining pine trees, but none nested in the tree I had taken out.

I enjoy the call of both the Nightingale and the mourning dove. The nightingale sounds so sweet and pleasant. The mourning doves sounds as if it is crying or weeping over something. I have never researched any information about either bird, so I think I need to. I would like to know the history of the birds and the myths surrounding them.

No comments: