Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Doing Laundry on a Cloudy Day

Fidál (Grace), 5 Nur (Light), 166 BE – Tuesday, June 9, 2009 about 8:11 AM Pacific Time

My grandmother never did laundry on a cloudy day. Of course, Grandma lived in Oklahoma and clouds meant that it would rain sometime during the day. I live in Las Vegas, where clouds sometimes mean its going to rain, but not always.

There are clouds in the sky today. Actually, there is a cloud cover over the blue desert sky. All this means is that the humidity is up; however, it may or may not indicate rain. I did a load of laundry this morning close to dawn. They are hanging on the line now. I have another load in the washer waiting for me to hang it out.

The clouds overhead are not dark gray they look like dirty cotton. Therefore, I figure I can take a chance with two loads of cloths. I am taking the chance anyway. My grandmother is probably sitting up in heaven smiling; she always smiled on laundry day. Grandma enjoyed doing laundry; as for me, I learning to enjoy it. I enjoy it more when I hang the cloths on the line rather then drying them in an automatic dryer.

No comments: