Sunday, June 07, 2009

I almost feel like I’m back in Oklahoma when hang sheets on the line

Jamál (Beauty), 3 Nur (Light), 166 BE – Sunday, June 7, 2009 about 9:38 AM Pacific Time

I feel like I'm back in Oklahoma. The mornings are crisp, almost cold, there are clouds in the sky about dawn. The birds are singing and the neighbors dogs are barking. Morning are pleasant, the temperature in the feels chilly on my arms.

This morning I went into the back yard to put up the cloths line. I have one of those hexogan lines that I can fold up at night. I fold it up everynight and in the morning, on the days we do laundry, I unfold. Now that the electric dryer is broken, we do only one or two loads of laundry a day.

When the electric dryer worked, it seemed that we were doing more laundry. However, I think we were using the dryer a lot, but not the washer. Now that I have an outdoor dryer, the cloths are hung on the line and not dryed two or three times in the dryer. I suspect that is why the dryer went out because everything was getting dryed more then once. With a cloths line there is not putting the cloths through the drying process more then once.

The only disadvantage I have found using a cloths line is wrinkles. We have to iron the cloths now. The sheets don't get ironed, my grandmother ironed her sheets. I don't care if the sheets are wrinkled when I put them on the bed, I'm not ironing sheets. I know I said in an earlier post that I was looking forward to ironing sheets, well it's something I'm going to have to look forward to because I'm not going to iron sheets.

If I get new sheets, I might consider ironing them, the the ones I have now are old and ironing thme isn't going to make them look like new. I guess I should be considering getting new sheets, but that's going to have to wait for a couple of months. The sheets I have now are all right, they don't have any holes in them. If I pull them tight enough when I put them on the bed I can hardly see any wrinkles.

No comments: