Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In the heat of the afternoon

Fidál (Grace), 7 Rahmat (Mercy), 166 BE – Tuesday, June 30, 2009 about 12:35 PM Pacific Time

Daily writing practice prompt for Friday, June 19, 2009 was “In the heat of the afternoon.”

In the heat of the afternoon, I wonder how we will pay the power bill this summer. I wonder how we can keep the power bill down to an affordable level. We do not use a dryer because the it broke two months ago and we are hanging cloths outside to dry. We do not use the dishwasher, but instead was each meals dishes as we go through the day. We have switched from old fashion light bulbs to the long lasting bulbs.

The refrigerator we have is not new, but it does not run 24/7; still it uses more electricity then a new model. I have one area fan, which I can use to cool one section of the house. I need to get another area fan to help circulate the air. I suspect the only other option I have is to weatherize the house, to have someone inspect it to see what we can do to keep it cooler without running up the power bill.

This is Las Vegas in summer and the temperatures are only going to get hotter.

No comments: