Sunday, June 14, 2009

These are the doubts I had

Jamál (Beauty), 10 Nur (Light), 166 BE – Sunday, June 14, 2009 about 2:50 PM Pacific Time

Daily Practice writing Prompt for Saturday, June 13, 2009 was “These were the doubts I had”.

All right, my doubts usually come after I make a decision. The phenomenon is called second-guessing myself. This particular phenomenon normally occurs after I have made a financial decision, which required a large outlay of money. Another component of this particular phenomenon is the break down of one or more essential piece of equipment.

Under these conditions, I decide that the initial outlay of money (no matter how essential the outlay at the time) was the wrong decision. After 62 years of encountering this phenomenon over and over again, I have decided that the best course for me is not to obsess over the original decision. This easier said then done. However, unless I learn to handle the issues I am going to encounter it again. This is the wonderful thing about transformation I keep encountering the same issues until I confront and handle those issues.

These are the doubts I had and continue to have about large outlays of cash, that the original decision was wrong. Once I make a decision I cannot go back and unmake it, therefore I have to learn to live with the original decision and deal with the consequences. I can also use the original decision as story idea and write a different ending. That is the good thing about writing; I can always use my experience in my work.

No comments: