Sunday, June 28, 2009

Making the beds

Jamál (Beauty), 5 Rahmat (Mercy), 166 BE – Sunday, June 28, 2009 about 12:14 PM Pacific Time

Daily writing practice prompt for Friday, June 26, 2009 is “Write about the making of beds.”

I remember watching Grandma Newland make the beds. Grandma made the beds everyday, but on Friday she would remove the dirty from the bed, put clean sheets on the the beds and wash the dirty sheets.

I remember watching Grandma make hospital corners because she used flat sheets and not fitted sheets. I don't remember Grandma putting fitted sheets on her bed, I think she did have a couple of sets of sheets that were fitted, but I don't remember her putting them on her bed.

I watched Grandma smooth the corner of the sheet and then fold it under the mattress. Once Grandma made a bed the bottom sheet remained in place until she took it off the bed on Friday, laundry day. Grandma did laundry once a week, usually on Friday unless Grandpa planned on taking everyone out of town and then she did laundry on Thursday.

No comments: