Thursday, January 01, 2009

Good-bye 2008 and Hello 2009

Istijlál (Majesty), 2 Sharaf (Honor), 165 BE – Thursday, January 1, 2009 about 1:49 PM Pacific Time

Happy New Year

You know that it's going to be a good year when
your bank account isn't overdrawn on January 1.

I started off the New Year right with a prayer right after I got out of bed. In addition, I received the holiday edition of the local newspaper and I have half a tank of gas left from the gas I bought last year.

I'm looking forward to 2009 and to celebrating Naw-Ruz on March 21. I reset my writing word count goal and increased it by 19%. Now I have the time between January 1 and March 21, to determine if its too low or too high.

Today, I'm not worried about anything and I do have several things to worry about. However, I put aside my worries on the first day of the year, not matter what year or when I celebrate. This means that I put aside my worries at least twice in 2009. On January 1 and on March 21, this gives me a chance to unstress for a little while.

Happy New Year

No comments: