Thursday, January 08, 2009

Courage is part of encouragement

Istijlál (Majesty), 9 Sharaf (Honor), 165 BE – Thursday, January 8, 2009 about 4:52 AM Pacific Time

Courage is part of the words encouragement and encouraging. So is it any wonder that if a person receives encouragement or finds something encouraging then she receives courage. Courage and encouragement are a part of the process of transformation.

It takes courage to face yourself and overcome self. It takes courage to develop spiritual attributes. It takes courage to replace bad habits with good habits. All these are a part of the process of transformation.

Some things I find encouraging and therefore derive courage from are

  1. The Baha'i scriptures and prayers
  2. Memories of my grandmother and grandfather
  3. Memories of my father
  4. My mother who will turn 88 on March 19, 2009
  5. The smell of coffee in the early morning, which brings memories of both my father and grandfather
  6. The writing.com spiritual newsletter that comes out once a week

That is only a small list of things, which give me courage because they are encouraging.

No comments: