Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I dream in color

Fidál (Grace), 7 Sharaf (Honor), 165 BE – Tuesday, January 6, 2009 about 3:22 PM Pacific Time

I dream in color. I don't know how many people dream in color. I don't know if either of my Grandparents dreamed in color. I wish now that I had asked Grandma and Grandpa if they dream in color, but until I became an adult I thought everyone dreamed in color.

I didn't know that dreaming in color was unusual until I had a conversation with a friend. I was describing the dream and the colors I saw. My friend was surprised because she didn't dream in color.

I don't know if dreaming in color is a rare phenomena or not because I seldom discuss my dreams with very many people. Actually, I don't think dreams are discussed very much at all. I know in conversation I accidently over hear in restaurants and malls, people aren't discussing their dreams.

Most conversations you overhear are rather mundane. People discuss the price of gas. People discuss politics. People discuss their friends and enemies. However, most people don't discuss the dreams they have at night.

I asked my mother, but she says she doesn't. Mom says she doesn't remember her dreams. I don't know if my dad dreamed in color. I haven't asked my brothers or sister. Maybe I should find out if they dream in color. I wonder if there is a genetic component to dreaming in color.

I dream in rainbow hues
of reds and vivid blues,
in green and yellow,
in all that my eye can see.

No comments: