Monday, January 05, 2009

Life is a 365-Day Challenge

Kamál (Perfection), 6 Sharaf (Honor), 165 BE – Monday, January 5, 2009 about 8:14 AM Pacific Time

Life is a 365-day challenge in 2009, but it was a 366-day challenge in 2008. I'm getting philosophical in my old age. I turned 62 on December 24 and since then I have begun to look at the events in my life a bit differently then I used to. Maybe it's because the past two years (2007 and 2008) have been so stressful and challenging.

This year I decided that I need to be more proactive when it comes to my personal transformation. In both 2007 and 2008, I attempted to look at ways I needed to change, but I let the events of the year get in the way. However, I want to make 2009 different and I want to take action on a personal level.

The first thing I need to do is unclutter my life, which was a goal in both 2007 and 2008. However, I didn't get as much achieved on that as I hoped and my e-mail boxes are more cluttered now then when 2008 began. I am considering doing a mass delete on some of the folders that I send items to and beginning fresh.

Another problem is my cloths closet, I need either a bigger closet or less cloths. I also need a new chest of drawers, but that is on the back burner until I get a new fridge. The new fridge is the most important thing at the moment.

It's times like this that I wish I had my grandparents with me again. I could really use some advise from both Grandma and Grandpa, but since the only other person in the house is Mom I'm going to have to ask her or just decide for myself what to do with a few things.

I think one thing I need to do is set deadlines and limit the amount of time I spend uncluttering one area in a day. Oddly enough this morning I'm looking forward to the process, but I have only just begun. I may want to wait until I have completed uncluttering an area or an e-mail folder before I decide how I feel about it.

No comments: