Friday, January 09, 2009

Coffee and Memories

Istiqlál (Independence), 10 Sharaf (Honor), 165 BE – Friday, January 9, 2009 about 8:01 AM Pacific Time

Drinking coffee brings back pleasant memories for me. Both my father and my grandfather were coffee drinkers. I learned to drink coffee from Grandpa Newland. When I was very young, about 3 or 4, I was sitting on my Dad's lap and he was reading the Sunday morning Comics to me. While he was reading, he was drinking coffee. I reach up, pulling the cup of hot coffee onto my lap. Dad rushed me to the hospital.

You would think that after that experience, I wouldn't want to drink coffee, but that isn't the case. I enjoy coffee. I enjoy all the memories that accompany a cup of coffee. For me coffee is a comfort food. Another thing about coffee that is interesting is that it doesn't keep me awake. I can drink coffee before right going to be and still sleep.

Coffee memories
pour across my waking mind
warm the cold sunrise.

No comments: