Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 2009 Late Winter

‘Idál (Justice), 10 Sultán (Sovereignty), 165 BE – Tuesday-Wednesday, January 28, 2009 about 3:21 PM Pacific Time

It is snowing in other parts of the United States. Here in Las Vegas we have no snow, at least not in the valley. I am cold, but it is winter and a person is supposed to be cold in winter. That does not help because I am tired of being cold.

I remember growing up in Oklahoma. I remember the snow in Oklahoma. Children have a different view of snow and cold then adults. I do not remember noticing the cold as much as a child. I remember my hands and feet getting wet and cold.

When our hands and feet got wet and cold, my grandmother would make us hot chocolate. She also make us hot chicken soup. While the soup was heating she would make us change our shoes and socks. We put on warms dry socks and house slippers. Then we sit down at the kitchen table where we ate hot soup and drink hot chocolate.

Perhaps that is why I like hot soup when I am cold. Today I am drinking Hobo soup out of a hot chocolate mug. I make Hobo soup by combining all the leftovers into the slow cooker and letting it heat. Tomorrow we will have Hobo Stew because I found some leftover chicken in the freezer. I think we are about to the end of the the leftovers, so next week I am going to have to start making fresh stuff again so that we can have more leftovers.

No comments: