Thursday, January 29, 2009

Have Car Will Travel

Istijlál (Majesty), 11 Sultán (Sovereignty), 165 BE – Thursday, January 29, 2009 about 3:40 PM Pacific Time

I have a car now and the tags, so I can go any place I want. Today I went to Walgreens to pick up a bottle of Mom's meds. It's nice to be able to call the prescription in and pick it up the same day. When I didn't have a working car, I had to plan the prescription pick up to coincide with other errands. I then got on the bus and spent the entire day going from one end of Las Vegas to the other. Never mind the 1/2 or 3/4 mile walk from the bus stop to my house.

Now I can go anywhere in Vegas, anytime I want as long as I have gas in the car. I noticed today that gas prices are going up again. It's interesting because as soon as my old car stopped running, gas prices began to go down. I have a working car and gas prices are going up again, an interesting coincidence.

I don't know if I'm going anywhere this weekend. Friday or Saturday, I may go to the recyclers and sell some cans. I collect aluminum cans and sell them for gas money. It doesn't bring in a lot of money, but it's enough for maybe a gallon or two of gas. Sometimes a couple of gallons is all that's necessary until the next paycheck or PayPal deposit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Travel News:The Homeless World Cup is being held in Melbourne, Australia this year, and handsupholidays.com are proud to be offering a tour that enables you to volunteer at this event and then explore Sydney, the Blue Mountains, the Daintree Rainforest, and the Great Barrier Reef.