Friday, January 30, 2009

I don’t remember my Grandfather worrying

Istiqlál (Independence), 12 Sultán (Sovereignty), 165 BE – Friday, January 30, 2009 about 12:44 PM Pacific Time

I don't remember my Grandfather worrying over bills and stuff like that. Maybe he did, but didn't let his grandchildren know he was worried. Grandpa was a spiritual man; he didn't go to church every Sunday. He believed in God and he let his grandchildren know that he believed in God by the way he acted.

Grandpa made sure we went to church and he went himself on Christmas and Easter. He said prayers at meal times and he respected other people's religion by not talking bad about it or them. Grandpa emphasized that God would take care of us and when things got tough he put the situation in God's hand. After he put the situation in God's hands then he did what he could to solve the problem.

I don't remember Grandpa worrying, but I do remember him praying. I don't remember Grandpa being distracted, which is what worry does it distracts a person. So I guess one of the lesson my Grandfather taught me is put everything in God's hands and don't worry.

No comments: